Translate

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Just One Kiss
Chapter 10
I had the craziest dreams. I clearly remember the one that seemed to go on forever. Liam and I were walking in the grassy field that we were in when we first arrived.
He was holding my hand and looking at me with love in his eyes. He took me in his arms and started kissing me.

Suddenly, we were in his room and on his bed, naked, and making love. It was animalistic with nibbling, rolling around, and fierce passion. I didn’t want it to end.

But the most distracting noise grabbed my attention. It was the sound of a baby crying. Liam didn’t notice so I asked him about it. He just kept saying ‘I love you, I love you.’ The crying seemed to stop and he was kissing me again.
He was practically begging me to stay with him, to never leave him. I said yes and the scene shifted again. I was old and so was he.
We were still in his time and I was sad. I missed all of my family, my friends. All I wanted was to go home. I ate a magic cookie and was instantly transported home to West Virginia of the 21st century. Everyone was the same age as when I left them but I was still old. No one believed it was me. I cried and cried.
Liam wasn’t anywhere. And now, all I wanted was to be back with him. I ended up being old and all alone.

I sat up in the bed, my heart thudding, tears at the corners of my eyes.
It was still dark out. Liam slept soundly next to me. I wiped at my eyes and laid back down, facing him. He looked so peaceful, like head when I first saw him. I couldn’t resist reaching out and touching his cheek. His face was warm and I felt his breath against my wrist. The notion to kiss him entered my mind but I quickly suppressed it. Everything I had said to him on our ride back here I had meant. I’ve met other good looking guys before without having this sort of reaction. All that I felt for this man were like tidal waves that kept crashing upon me, wave after wave that I soaked in, enjoying every minute of it. But I had to stop. I had to get out of this fantasy. I’d be leaving soon enough, back to my own reality, one that didn’t include him. I tucked my arms in and around my chest. Not mine, never mine, I told myself. I forced my eyes to close and demanded sleep to find me. Soon enough, I was once again in slumberland.
I had no idea what time it was when I woke up next. I stretched in the sumptuous bed and opened my eyes.
He was gone. I was saddened to find myself alone but I knew that shouldn’t have been. I could smell the breakfast that had been brought up for me. I thought about brushing my teeth but then wondered how I’d do that without my toothbrush. I went into the bathroom and washed my face in the basin and used my finger to try to scrub at me teeth. After I rinsed my mouth out and dried my face off, I headed back to the bedroom to discover what sort of breakfast waited for me.

The table held a bowl with something in it that resembled oatmeal and a hardboiled egg in a small dish. The metal cup had the wonderful milk in it. There was no salt or pepper for the egg but I ate it anyway. The oatmeal had a nice apple taste to it. I finished my meal quickly.
The door opened without a knock. Liam strode in, not appearing in the best of moods. He saw me standing at the table by my now empty dishes.

“Lady Kate, my apologies. I had not meant to startle thee.”
“No, it’s ok, this is your room after all.” He gave a very brief smile. I walked over to him. I had no idea if I looked like an absolute mess, but it didn’t really matter. “What’s wrong?” He looked me square in the eyes.

“Why is it that the woman who is to be mine does not want me nor will say so and the woman that I want cannot be mine nor would it matter if I tell her so?” I understood that the first woman he referred to was Lady Juliet, but who was the second woman? I took a step closer.

“Who is it that you want?”

“Can you not guess?”

“No, I don’t-“ He took my face in his hands.
“’Tis you Lady Kate. I have been doing my utmost to maintain my control so that I do not touch you, not to carry on about how I feel. But I cannot keep it to myself. It has become unbearable. I see you and all I wish to do is to take you in my arms and kiss your beautiful lips.” My heart was doing flips, my stomach tense. Could he really be saying these things to me, I wondered.

“Then kiss me.” I muttered, unable to stop myself. Without hesitation, his lips found mine own, his fingers splaying in my hair. He wrapped his arm around my waist, clutching the gown I’d slept in. My hands were around the back of his neck and my fingers found the lower lengths of his hair.
It was just like my dream but very real and very hot. His tongue explored my mouth and I did likewise with my own tongue. I was crushed against him, tasting that mouth that I had described as sensual. I’d never been kissed like this before. Not with such passion that caused my body temperature to rise. I could feel the warmth grow in between my thighs, and my lust deepening. I could also feel his own desires growing against my pelvis. This kissing had to stop before things went too far. He was the one who backed off first. We stood locked in each other’s grasps, our foreheads together, and panting for air.

“I should not have done that.” He breathlessly apologized. I shook my head no.
“I wanted you to.” I lifted my head to look at him. He returned my gaze. “There’s no need to apologize.” He traced the line of my lower lip with his thumb.

“There are things I must do in preparation of my uncle’s arrival tomorrow. I must see to it that the town appears in mourning. Today, I must ask you to see if you can discover who is assisting him. Collum will be coming to help you dress all though, I think I find your hair free more lovely than arranged upon your head.” He played with a chunk of my hair, fanning it out and running his thumb over the ends. He sighed and appeared to be trying to reign himself in. He dropped his hands from around me and took my hands in his own. He stepped back and looked down at our paired hands as he rubbed my knuckles with his thumbs. “We must remain focused.” He looked up at me. “If we discover who has been aiding mine uncle, perhaps they will tell us what his plans enlist.” I nodded.

“I will do my best.” He smiled his enchanting smile. I wondered if he knew exactly what he was doing to me everytime he gave me that unintentionally seductive smile. Probably not, I figured. He dropped my hands and took a few steps back.
I was curious about what had stared his foul mood and then led up to what we had just done.

“Did you talk to Lady Juliet yet?” The foul look came back to his face.

“Yes. Over an hour ago.”

“Over an hour ago? It doesn’t seem that late.” And I had thought I was up bright and early.

“It is around 7:30. I have been up since 5:30 when the sun arrived. I did not wish to disturb your restful slumber and besides, Lady Juliet owed me an audience.”

“And what did she have to tell you?” His eyes narrowed.
“I did as you suggested I should and questioned her about whether she wished to be married to me or not. And she responded as I knew she would, claiming that she was bound to me. I even told her that I would release her if I was truly not what she had wanted but she remained steadfast to her obligation. However, she still would not discuss any of the future plans we must settle for the ceremony and our life thereafter. She will not have me release her but she will not speak with me of the actual day we become man and wife.” He sighed and looked off in the distance. “I do not understand.”

“Ok, look, Liam.” His eyes returned to mine. “You’re right. Let’s keep our focus on your uncle. And then once he’s taken care of, you’ll have the time to sort things out with Lady Juliet.” He nodded in agreement.

“Yes. Let us rid me of his burden and then I will settle things with her.”

“Sounds like a plan.” He smiled at my words.
“Well, I shall let you be so that Collum may help you dress.” He approached me, took my hand and raised it to his lips. He closed his eyes while he kissed my middle knuckle.
This small gesture warmed me all over again. “Until I see thee later, Lady Kate.” He let go of my hand and exited the room.

I fanned myself after he had gone. My legs felt like jelly. Oh why did he not exist in my time? Why did it take me to find a medieval man to set my blood on fire? Men like him cannot be found in the 21st century, I was convinced of it. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

“May I enter?” It was Collum, all ready to fix me up for the day. I had to collect myself.
“Yes.” He opened the door, carrying two heavy buckets. He smiled at me.

“I felt that thee could use a nice bath.” I did feel a bit ripe.

“Oh yes. Thank you.” He proceeded to the bathroom. I had noticed that the tub had water in it earlier. And now I heard the sound of Collum pouring the fresh water into the tub. He reappeared after he had emptied the buckets.

“Very well. Enjoy your bath, my Lady.” He left me then and I went off to have a nice relaxing bath.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, Kate and Liam! How wonderfully romantic and how potentially tragic! How will they resolve the many problems? I am glad you have already uploaded the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to get 2 chapters up every weekend, but since the rest of the story doesn't have any pictures (yet), I might put up more at a time or only one or continue as I'm doing, not sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I certainly am glad this chapter had pictures. *haha* Great chapter am going now to read chapter 10. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, you so funny Rebel :P Enjoy the reading sir

    ReplyDelete