Translate

Friday, May 9, 2014

The More I See you
Chapter 8

I had no idea how long we’d been walking. With no moon or anything in the sky above me, I had no way of telling. I’d left my phone at home, had no watch, but I was pretty sure we’d been here for at least four hours, marching through this thorn infested, red-rock terrain. Worst vacation ever, I joked with myself. I wondered if it would be near sunrise back at home. I sure wasn’t tired like I get when it nears sunrise. I was sure I’d have to rest sometime while I was here though.



“Sasha,” Annalise interrupted my thoughts. “I have to go.”

“Now?” I wondered if she could feel my annoyance. I’d been trying my damndest to forget she was behind me, trying to center and focus on chopping a clear path through the thorns. My desires were begging me to give in, to let her and my thoughts run wild.

“Yes, he’s calling. Just remember that my protection won’t be as strong but I’ll be able to find you wherever you are. I’ll be back, I promise.” And she was gone.

Well, shit, I thought. Should I go on or should I stop here? She said she could find me, but what kind of protection was I left with? Did I really want to find out? Shit, I thought again.

I decided to go on and as quiet as possible. I got down low and used my vampire speed to chop at the thorns in front of me so that there’d be sound. I couldn’t sense any Murdos in the area but I didn’t want to alert any either. Stealth and silence were my friends. This plan was going to take longer than walking but I was still moving.

I hoped she was enjoying herself, running off to her nasty Murdo. Even if there were such a thing as Murdo females, I’m sure they’d still be repulsive things. Eww. Their skin matched the place they lived in; red, rough, and cracked. Their ears were so pointed that they looked like they could pick up TV broadcasts, hell, they probably could. They had big, bulgy eyes, a tiny speck of a nose, ultra-thin lips, and teeth that looked like they’d stolen them from a wolf or something. Murdos weren’t small by any measure. Tall and big, no muscular or fat looking but big. Maybe thick is a good word. Yeah, thick like their heads. They rarely thought outside of the box, mostly not intelligent, drones more like it, who do what they’re told to do. Those who did have some sort of a brain became the leader, rare as it was. And every so once in a while, their leader were get a little adventurous. This year’s model was Jimmy. He didn’t want to live peacefully so he’ll have to die painfully. I smiled on that last thought.

I was actually curios about what she was doing with him. Probably fucking him everyway till sunset, as if there were a sun in this awful place. Efferions are horny things. That dangerous part of me wished I was in Jimmy’s place, taking my time to explore her luscious body. Stop it damnnit! I had to yell at my brain. No thoughts like that were allowed. Here presence was a means to an end, that’s it. I did miss her scent, I had to admit. Not only did it cover up the acrid air, it had grown on me. Ugg, stay tough, stay mean, don’t let her in, I reminded myself over and over. I had to shut down this thinking before I did any more harm to myself. I strengthened my focus on my low crouched walking and keeping my guard up. I still hoped she’d be back soon.

I stopped after maybe two hours of my attempt at going on without her. I had found a small clearing and a rock to lean against while I sat on the ground. I think I was feeling a little tired but I felt like I could still go on. I just wished I could walk upright again. Crouching was getting very bothersome. It was then that she finally reappeared in a collapsed heap on the ground. Probably exhausted, I assumed.


“Had a good time, did ya?” I asked with a knowing smirk on my face.

She found the nearest rock to prop herself up on. Dang, she was wrecked. Been there before, I reminisced. “Not in the lease bit.” Suddenly, the scent hit me full on, making me practically scramble away from her. Her sweet perfume had changed; it was filled with a dangerous, overwhelming, ensnaring lust of mine.

“You’re bleeding.”

“Yes, but it’s almost stopped.” I was using all my will power to keep away from her. Never in my whole existence had I ever smelled the blood of an Efferion. I was practically drooling. I needed it to stop, now.

“Why?”

“Because I was late.” She held up her right wrist to show me the wound. Oh, it was deep.

“And he knows he can’t break your bones.” I said, thinking out loud. Things really weren’t adding up. Efferions give themselves freely, no need for such violence. Ok, granted, Murdos were evil assholes, but this sort of near dismemberment was a bit much. Pleasure and pain can be fun, but this was overkill.

“Doesn’t stop him from trying.” She stretched her back and I could hear each vertebrae of her spine pop back into its correct place.

“You sure like it rough.” She glared at me, hurt showing through her blazing blue eyes.

“You really must not understand what’s going on here. I’m not in this hell hole because I want to be. He tortures me, makes be bring people here for him to kill, and then he takes my power from me. I’m a prisoner here. I’m too weak to escape and I don’t heal as fast as I should either. What I do for him, I have no choice. He only wants me for my power which he’s almost completely taken from me. And when he’s done, so am I, and so are you. I need to conserve what I’ve got left so I need to sleep now and heal. Please.” I was taken aback by her words. I had no idea she had that tone in her.

“Ok, ok, we’ll rest here for a bit.” She nodded and started doing something very unexpected, something I almost didn’t stop her from doing. “Whoa, whoa,” the sound of my voice made her stop pulling her top off. The image of her bare midsection was forever burned in my brain. “There’s no taking off of clothes.”

“But that’s how I sleep.”

“Not while I’m around.”

“Ok.” She was too tired to argue, I could see it. She laid down, facing away from me, and was out. I wasn’t exactly tired but I thought I’d give it a try. Maybe, just maybe, there was something else to this devastatingly beautiful wounded creature.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Maybe there was something else to this devastatingly beautiful...creature. Love that ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you ma'am :) I aim to please!

    ReplyDelete