Translate

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The More I See You
Chapter 13

I watched the Murdo guard from the doorway. Annalise’s directions were right on. I wondered how many of these bastards I’d find on my way to the other end of this ugly-ass castle. Eh, it didn’t really matter, I told myself, I’d kill them all. I drew my sword and rushed behind the nasty Murdo. I slit his throat before he even had any thought of what was going on, my sword going like butter through his scaly skin. And damn if it not feel good to finally have some action on this dragged out escapade. The Murdo’s body silently fell to my feet. I was tempted to give him a good kick, but I had to move on. She was in so much danger of death, I nearly choked on it. I had to get to her before he finished her.



On I went, killing any Murdo that I came upon. I didn’t care about the body trail that I was leaving behind me. I could move faster than any of them could think of one tiny idea. They were slow and unobservant to me. And the best part was that it was super fun and easy to kill them. I’d forgotten how awesome this sword was; the only sword that could cut through their thick, shell-like skin and not break.

I’d made my way across the length of the castle in no time. The waning scent of Annalise called me and I burst through the door that held her prisoner. She was chained across a table; her hands and feet spread, bound by crazy looking heavy metal cuffs at each corner of the table. I stood at her side, thinking up a million curse words for what he’d done. A cuff was even around her neck.

“Don’t touch it.” She hoarsely said. “I’m not strong enough to get out of them and they’ll burn you. He knows how to hurt vampires too.” Shit, I thought, what other little surprises is he going to throw at me? He’s got most of her powers, lord knew what other magical things this asshole would dream up. “He’s coming.”

The door swung open and there he stood, in all his hideous glory. I remembered what his brother looked like but oh dear God, this one definitely fell of the ugly tree. I think he used the magic to make himself shiny, a failed attempt at trying to be pretty? Who knows, don’t care. He could have worn a shirt at least, my poor eyes. He’d probably break mirrors if there were any in this place; couldn’t handle their own reflection. This beast was freshly shaven and bare chested, gut hanging out, red skin glowing. His grotesque appearance only added to the joy I’d feel when I killed him.

“You!” He exclaimed, seething.

“Me!” I couldn’t help myself. He narrowed his eyes at my smartass reply, looked like two lines on his fat face where eyes were supposed to be.

“You got past my guards?! How? Worthless sots!”

“Yeah, they’re dead, it was easy. Ready to join them?” I aimed my sword at him.

“That sword! Efferion, you did this! You lied to me!” He began to advance towards her. I quickly jabbed the sword out even further until it was practically touching him right in the center of his chest. He froze.

“Ah, ah, ah. I’d reconsider taking any more steps if I were you, because you won’t be touching her ever again.”

“Fine! Have it your way.” He snapped his fingers and I was instantly sent somewhere else. The place was dark and I felt a breeze blowing from a huge fan from the far off wall. The stupid fan groaned with each turn of its giant blade. No matter the amount of light, I could always see everything. The layout of the room was simple enough. Dark brick walls surrounded me, metal chains hung from the walls and ceiling. A dungeon or torture room, I wondered for a micro second. He was there suddenly. He came at me with a mace. I easily dodged his attack. He swung again and I knocked the mace out of his hands with my deflection.

“Com’on man. You gotta do better than that.” I taunted him.

With a stupid grin, he snapped his fingers again and a broadsword appeared in his hand. “You might be faster but you’re not stronger!”

He swung the sword around before he began is rampage against me. I put my fighting skills on max and attacked right back. I countered all his moves but he was right, he was stronger than me. If only I was able to drink just before I had to fight, I’d be plenty strong but no such luck for me. He got one lucky jab at my shoulder. I winced and ground my teeth together as his sword tore into my left shoulder.

“Your brother tried to rip that same shoulder off and he couldn’t. What makes you think you can do better?”

“He didn’t poison his blade.” I kicked him off of me, making him pull the sword out of me, tearing at my muscle as it came out.

“I am poison, dumbass. You think this is going to affect me?” He just grinned his ugly smile and cackled. My shoulder did burn, in fact the burn felt like it was spreading down my arm and into my chest. Oh, I hated this asshole. He lunged at me, sword flying. I met his sword with my own, thanking God or whoever that I was right-handed.

“You know,” he said during our locked swords struggle. “I don’t have to be touching her to take her powers.” I couldn’t stop my eyes from growing wide. He pushed off from our battle, throwing me back and onto the floor. He stood away from me, hands raised, and started chanting some weird something or other. Ah hell, I thought. I got to my feet and was on him in a fraction of a second. I plunged my sword through is throat and up through the back of his skull.

“You talk too much.” I said as I turned the hilt, making the sword twist inside of him. He gurgled and his black blood flowed from his gaping mouth. His eyes rolled into the back of his head just before I kicked him off of my sword. His wide ass fell to the floor with a giant thud. I smiled briefly, wanting to thoroughly enjoy my ass kicking, but the pain radiating from my shoulder was started to take over. I gripped my shoulder as the room began to feel like I was on a boat. The waves tossed me around and I couldn’t stand. I tried to fight it but I was going down. I felt the cold stone beneath me.

“Sasha!” Annalise’s sweet voiced called out above me. “You did it! Oh but, oh God, no.” Panic invaded her words.

“I killed him. You’re free.” I think I said. Everything hurt now and felt like everything around me was sinking with me too. What the hell is that stuff he stabbed me with, I wondered. I couldn’t really move. Ah, Annalise, my brain trailed off, my sweet angel, how I wish that I could have known you outside of this wretched realm. Thoughts of us going for walks in Central Park, relaxing together on my couch while we watched movies, just being together, ran through my muddled mind like a slide show. We would have talked, shared stories, laughed at each other’s jokes, all of that. It was what I wanted, what I wished that I could have had but now I was crashing. This was my end.

“Please Sasha.” I could hear the fear in her voice. I’m not sure if I was trying to reach up to her or not. Everything was pain and sinking. “Sasha!” I heard her say one last time. I think I finally drowned.

4 comments:

  1. Well, I hope there is another chapter coming! I am glad that Annalise is saved from the Murdo, but poor Sasha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe :) There's still 2 more chapters. I haven't typed up the last one yet so when I get that done, you'll have chapter 14 :) Yes, I'm evil like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. Well, I didn't think you could kill vampires with poison, but now that there are sparkly nonhuman-eating vampires, who knows.

      Delete
  3. He had her magic, he could do just about anything really. I got creative on this story :)

    ReplyDelete