Translate

Saturday, June 21, 2014

The More I See You
Chapter 15

My shoulder didn’t take very long to get back to normal. Probably because I kept at the blood drinking. I no longer smelled like the devil’s ass and was for all intents and purposes 100%. Everything but my heart, that is. I completely lied to Annalise, broke her heart, and I knew it wasn’t any magic that made me feel the way I did about her. I missed her, missed everything about her. No matter how much I fought my feelings, I couldn’t deny them any longer. Somewhere along the way, I fell for her, hard. She was right about love after all. All these things I’ve never thought of or wanted, having a relationship with Annalise, I couldn’t think of anything else I wanted more. But it’s not like we could be together in this world though, just wasn’t possible. And I knew she’d get caught trying to find a way around the forbidden thing, we both would. I couldn’t lose her again. Besides, I’d done enough, been a bitch enough for twenty people. I wished she would have known why I acted that way. And I wished I could tell her how sorry I was. I silently called out to her, telling her my full story, apology, and begged for her forgiveness that I knew I didn’t deserve.



My three nights were up in a blink and the guard was yet again at my apartment. I went this time, of course. I soon found myself standing before the entire council of our twelve chosen and very powerful vampires. They were all dressed in their formal dark robes with stoic looks on all their faces.

“Sasha Greene, so glad you could join us finally.” Councilman Sauvage said. “Let me first say that we are forever in your debt for all your heroic deeds.” All of the council members clapped their hands and smiled down at me from their elevated half circle seating. I looked at each one of them as I gave short bows. Councilwoman Kilo was beaming. “Now, as a token of our gratitude,” Councilman Sauvage continued. “We have decided to grant you one allowance. Choose your decision wisely.”

There was no hesitation to my answer. “I want her.”

“Her? Who is her?” Councilman Sauvage asked as the other council members whispered amongst each other. But Councilwoman Kilo knew and had stood up, all serious to her stern face.

“Sasha, think what you’ve asked for.”

“But she’s different. She’s not like the others.” I interjected.

“Councilwoman Kilo, who is this female? Do you know her?” Councilman Anders asked. Kilo looked from me to Anders. More whispering erupted as I stood there, probably from Kilo sharing her thoughts with the others. Kilo was in front of me in a moment’s time. She searched my eyes.

“See for yourself.” I told her. And she did. She read all my thoughts and memories from my entire trip.

“You believe it is so.” She replied.

“Well?” Sauvage demanded. “Is the Efferion like the others or not?”

“We must summon her.” Kilo responded.

“Very well.” Sauvage said as he nodded at Councilwoman Eligha. A very confused Annalise appeared next to me. She was looking even more radiant than I ever remembered seeing her. She looked around at all the other vampires until she zoned in on me.

“Sasha, what’s going on?” She asked me. I let out a sigh, but before I could answer, Kilo approached Annalise.

“I’m going to read your thoughts and memories. It will not hurt.” She told Annalise. And in no time, Kilo had all that she needed to know. “It is true. She is different, almost human like in her thoughts and behavior. I find no reason to not honor Sasha’s request.” A hushed discussion went on between the other council members.

“What is your name Efferion?” Sauvage asked.

“Annalise.” I looked from the seated council to the ever beautiful Annalise standing an arm’s length from me. Kilo had rejoined her other members. I could tell Annalise still didn’t know what was going on.

“Annalise,” Sauvage began. “As you are a part of this request, I leave the final decision up to you. And we wait for your answer.” She furrowed her eyebrows.

“Annalise,” I drew her attention. “Let me explain.”

“Please do.” Was all she said.

“I need to say first that, that I’m sorry for how I treated you. I lied to you. But you were right. Love does exist. Because I love you. I tried to fight it, but I just can’t anymore. It wasn’t your magic that made me feel this way, it was only you being you.” I paused. She didn’t say anything so I went on. “Now, what they’re asking here, what my request is, is for us to be together.” I paused again. “Please, if anything, say that you forgive me.” I knew I was starting to sound desperate but I hadn’t been myself since, well, since she started working her way into my heart. I think if I could cry, I’d be doing that right then and there. My frozen heart was now bleeding, begging for her to heal it with her words. I felt like I was dying all over again.

Annalise began to smile and then quickly turned to the council. “Yes, my answer is yes. I wish to be with Sasha as well.” She turned back to me. My own mouth mimicked her same glowing smile.

“As you wish.” Sauvage pronounced. “There is one condition that we as a council must enforce.” We both looked at him.

“Oh?” I tried to hide the panic in my voice. What do they want to do her, to us, I rapidly wondered.

“Annalise must be stripped of her Efferion subconscious ability that causes her to be alluring to others so that no one may try to possess her.” Sauvage decreed. Annalise and I spoke at the same time.

“What?!” I asked in shock.

“Yes, take it.” I heard her say and I immediately turned to her.

“Are you sure?” I didn’t want them to change any part of her.

“Yes. My soul will never belong to anyone else.” She beamed. I could feel my heart mending. I just wanted to take her in my arms.

“Councilwoman Tamron, if you would.” Sauvage instructed and Tamron materialized in front of Annalise.

“This might sting a little or then it might not, I don’t know.” She said with a shrug. Tamron bore into Annalise’s eyes with her penetrating gaze. Annalise began to shutter and deeply sucked in her breath. Annalise shut her eyes and I could see the strain on her sweet face. She then exhaled.

“There,” Tamron said. “It is done.” And then she reappeared back in her seat next to the other council members.

“Annalise?” I gently asked. She opened her eyes and faced me. Well, she didn’t look any different, I thought.
“I’m ok.” She assured me.


“Your request has been fulfilled.” Sauvage said. “You are both free to go. We thank you and hope to never call upon you again for such a matter.”

We both said thank you and bowed to the entire council. We then turned and left the Great Hall. Once we were in the hallway, I turned to her.

“So, you do forgive me, right?”

She smiled. “ I already had when you called out to me before. I do know why you acted the way you did and it’s ok.”

“Yeah, but I didn’t have to be so mean. I mean, I didn’t even thank you for saving my life.”

“True but you kept us focused and I figure we’re about even on the life saving topic.” I nodded and smiled.  “So, where do you want to go now?”

“Anywhere, just as long as I’m with you.” I took her hand, glove free, loving the feel of her hand in mine as I looked at her lovely face, my smile growing wider.

“Gotcha.” She said with a wink. “Oh, there’s one more thing.”

“What’s that?”

“Can I do something that I’ve been dying to do for like forever?”

“Oh? Sure.” She leapt in my arms, wrapping her own arms around my neck. She slowly titled her head towards me and planted her lips on mine. I did my best to be careful to not crush her as I hungrily kissed her back. Ah, I was in heaven! Her kiss was like fire and sunshine all wrapped up into one. It was sweetness and a burning desire. I hoped she felt how much I’d been waiting to kiss her too. Her taste was beyond the best tasting blood I’d ever had. Oh, I could so get used to this. And to think, she was actually mine now.

The next thing I knew, we were in my apartment. I didn’t want to break from her kiss but I wanted so much more from her. We’d made it to my bedroom and I proceeded to find out just how sweet with desire she truly was.

Ah, I loved her and she loved me. There wasn’t any magic that could change that. Out forevers together were just beginning. Sure, she’d get used to my blood drinking but, I’m a vamp, gotta do what I gotta do. I switched to drinking from men only. I couldn’t look at any other female. She was all the woman I ever wanted and needed. Who knew, right?

The End
Thank you all for reading!

4 comments:

  1. That was a very satisfactory conclusion! I was wondering how you would get around all the issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teehee :) I had that problem when I first thought of the story but then my crafty little brain came up with this. I know, it's kinda pretty darn sappy but I'm a big romantic mush myself and I like happy endings. I'm glad you liked it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice story... I finished it... sorry I didn't comment on the other chapters, but once I started reading it again I couldn't stop... So the Murdocks dead, and true love conquers all... Love the part where Sasha shoves her sword under his chin and out the back of his skull. Lol... Then a little twist for good measure... Great story Wendy... Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rebel :) Sometimes a little extra goes a long way. I'm glad you liked it. I'm working on a few new stories, well 2 are new and one is another old one. Can't decide which to go with I'm afraid. You'll just have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete