Translate

Saturday, April 5, 2014

The More I See You
Chapter 3

Ricky was exactly the wrong person for me to talk to about my Efferion problem, but I did it anyway.  I was bubbling over on the inside, it had to spill over somewhere.  I just had to watch how much I allowed to leak out.  I found him at our regular hunting place; the bar from the other night.

"Hey Sash, ready for some fun tonight?" His usual greeting.

"Uh yeah.  Um, I want to say something about how I left a few weeks ago."



Ricky interrupted. "Don't worry about it.  No big deal, long forgotten." He said with his goofy smile.  I gotta hand it to him, if I liked guys, I'd probably would have hooked up with him a long time ago.  I suddenly wondered something very weird about her.

"Tell me, so you can't smell her on me?"

"Who?  Is she hot?  Are you going to share for once?"

"She's hot but that's besides the point.  You really can't sense anything off of me?" I knew that an Efferion's presence is very difficult to hide, was this one chick that powerful enough to be able to do that?  Had I even caught a whiff of her most likely intoxicating scent?

"Um, no." Ricky was starting to look a little less amused.

"I think I'm losing my mind." I muttered as I propped my head up on the bar top with my hand.

"Ah, you just need a little man action and that'll fix everything." I shoved him with my free hand.  He was always joking about me needing to be with men.

"Please," I said with a profound eye roll. "I think that would screw me up even more." I let out a semi fake body shiver. "Gross." Ricky chuckled at me.

"Eh, suit yourself.  But a sexy chick like you could gain herself a lot of action."

"Will you quit it already?  It ain't going to happen." Yeah, I knew I liked what I saw in the mirror each night.  I thought I was a pretty damn good looking woman in fact, capable of attracting whoever and whenever I wanted.  I always kept my long dark brown hair stylishly pulled back, I emphasized my big brown eyes with some smooth eyeliner, and not to mention my fabulous curves with a strong muscular build.  I loved my black leather jacket and boots, wore them damn near every night.  I'm pretty good with my minimal makeup too, don't really need it but why not?  There's been plenty of times where I didn't need to dig into my vampire abilities to gain the attention of a certain girl was going after.   Guys look at me too, that's good for them but they're just like flies on the wall to me.  I was happy with me and had no interest in the opposite sex.  Ricky nudged me and took me from my thoughts.

"See that blond honey?" I turned around on my stool. "She's dying to get away from that guy who keeps talking her ear off.  Go have a drink, clear your head up some.  You'll feel better.  Just don't drain her dry. I'd like to have some fun with her too." I let out a quick laugh.

"So, you're sharing with me now?"

"Eh, don't make me change my mind." I smiled at Ricky just before I turned my full attention on the young blonde who was sitting far across the building from us.  Yeah, she was a cutie, she'd probably look absolutely adorable flushed pink.  I sent out a mental call that instantly drew her eyes to mine.  I motioned with my head for her to come to the back and she excused herself from the annoying guy to follow my directions.  I headed in the same path, snaking through all the other warm bodies that filled the place.  Once we were alone together in the back washroom, I took care of all my needs and urges.  She was easy and had very sweet tasting blood.  She tried to ask for my number just before I tasted her but I erased her memory of me when I sent her back out into the crowd.  She was light headed, staggered a little bit, and as I knew it, absolutely adorably flushed pink from what we did in the handicap stall.  Unfortunately for Ricky though, she was also ready to call it a night.  Oops, my bad, I laughed to myself. I rejoined Ricky at the bar top.

"Well, you sure took your time.  Aww, she's leaving!" He said with disappointment.

"You were right, she was one sweet honey." I thought that my grin said it all for me. "She'll be fine.  Have a nasty hangover tomorrow but that's it." Ricky did not look pleased one bit.

"See if I ever try to share with you again.  Man!"

"Aw, you'll get over it.  Don't you always say something about more fish?" I paused.  Yeah, the minor relief of my heavy thoughts wasn't nearly strong enough.  "I think I'm going to head out too."

"Got another party to spoil?"

"Nah. I think I just need a little alone time. Buck up Rick.  Go find you another fish." I slapped him on the back.

"There's still plenty of night.  Alright, later Sash."

"Later Ricky."  Out into the cool night I went, thankful for the soft wind that blew.  I decided to have a drive around the city and spent the rest of the night cruising.  New York City was simply my idea of paradise and a playground all wrapped up into one.

I came home just before the sun started to rise, tired as all hell.  When I turned on my bedroom lights, a very unexpected and not asked for gift waited for me.  My chain male and sword that had been practically destroyed by Vinsen and his minions from decades ago were laid out in perfect condition on my bed.  Damn it!  She did this.  I had told her not to but she did it anyway.  I was too tired to call her and yell at her so I gathered it all up and pilled it on the armchair in my room.  I'd deal with her tomorrow.  Damn Efferion!  I closed my eyes as I relaxed under the covers, still cursing that infuriating Efferion.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Backstory hook. I guess we will learn later what it all means. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can't give everything away at once :) Gotta keep you wanting more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanting more is exactly right... Gotta go to bed now as it is almost midnight, but I will definitely be back tomorrow... I'm hooked. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet :) I hope you had a good rest!

    ReplyDelete