Translate

Sunday, April 27, 2014

The More I See You
Chapter 6

Living in New York City offered plenty of good blood to feast on, or going for the kill, just depended on which neighborhoods you went to. I needed to find at least three good sized, up to no good, swimming in evil, men to take care of what I needed. No fun for me tonight, well, maybe afterwards but then again, I wanted to make sure I reserved my strength cause I was going to seriously need it. I headed over to the East Side where I was 100% positive I’d find some game.



It didn’t take long or hardly any effort as I walked the desolate streets in good ole East New York. I caught the scent of a mega ton of ammunition and explosives as I neared a building that had a roof lined with barbwire. Some of the windows on the highest floor were blackened around their frames from a past fire but this building was atypical for this lovely neighborhood. I opened my senses to who or what was going on inside, particularly in the basement.

Four rough looking men came into my mind’s view, standing around a table, all sorts of guns and explosives around them. They were having a serious study at what was on the table. I got curious and found my way into their private party.

“Sorry I’m late boys, but you know how traffic is.” They all stopped in their discussion to turn and focus on me. I leaned against a post, casually looking at my finger nails. “Oh no, don’t move on my account.” I sent out my commanding ability to them, freezing them in their spots. They were my puppets now. I strode over to their table, turning their heads as I walked. “Well, now, what is so interesting over here?”

I began looking at the papers before me. Well, this has been done before, I thought.

“The Empire State Building, really? You were really going to try to blow that up? Wow, you guys aren’t very original, are you? Not that it matters anymore, I suppose. Anyway, who wants to go first?” All though they couldn’t speak verbally, I heard each and every curse filled thought raging though their heads. The shortest one who stood that far end of the table caught my attention first. “You?” I said as I slowly walked over to him. “You want to go first?” I smiled. “Ok then.”

I clamped onto his shoulder, digging my nails in, and brought him down to a comfortable level for my height. I didn’t care for any sort of stretching on my part. I showed him my fangs just before I sank them into his throat. I drank until he hadn’t much blood left in his body, just enough to keep him alive, for the moment anyway. His blood worked its way through my system quickly. I was soon ready for the next one. The first guy stood, head bowed low, barely breathing, but stuck under my control. I noticed the horror that registered in each of the other guys’ faces.

“Oh, don’t worry. You’ll all be dead soon enough. You’ll each get your turn.” I smiled as I stepped up the guy who was next to my semi living statue. I saw the knife he had tucked in the back of his pants. I then looked across the table from me. The guy standing there had a semiautomatic strapped over his shoulders. The cover up plan practically wrote itself. These guys had made it too easy. Then again, they weren’t very bright in the first place. I returned my attention to my next victim.

“Bend down here genius.” He did as I commanded and I latched onto his throat with my fangs. He was rendered into the same state as the first guy in no time. Now, normally, this amount of blood would hold me over for a few days without much activity so I felt that initial instinct of having enough but I had to ignore it. I had to carry on. I walked up to the next guy in line and drank from him as I had done from the other two. This time took me a little longer to get to my end point. I wanted a break during mid-drinking but didn’t stop. Soon enough though, he became like the others.

Oh man, I was feeling full. But I didn’t want to take any chances on not having enough strength or energy when I would need it the most; fighting and killing Jimmy. Not to mention that very long three day journey I had to trek just to get to their place, all with the intoxicatingly devious Efferion toting along. And there won’t be any blood drinking rest stops on the way. So, fill ‘er up baby!

The last man standing eyed me as I snaked my way to him. He was the leader of this pack of fools. He wasn’t afraid of me as the others were. No, I could feel the wall of resolve running through him. It was as if he was telling me to do my worst. ‘Ok’ I thought, ‘you got it.’

“Come down to my height baby. You’re a little too tall for mama.” His knees complied with my command and he lowered himself to the level I wanted. I knew is blood would taste the best out of all these idiots, despite my fullness.

I sank my fangs into his neck and his blood flowed, so did his thoughts and memories. I had ignored what the souls of the other three village rejects’ poured out to me, but this one, I wanted to swim in his life. Memories of his childhood, teenage life, and then adulthood all flooded me. It seemed that all his memories were filled with violence, either done by others or by himself. This man had dilled and killed countless people. At first, he claimed it was for religious reasons but then he began to kill for the sake of power and because he wanted to, no, liked to. I let his evil life wash over me, envelop me, strengthen me. And I took my time draining him to the point that he would be like the other three.

The four nearly dad men, heads all bowed, stood around the table, my ability holding strong. I could feel the first one I drank from starting to fade so I had to carry on with my cover up plan. This really was the fun part.
“Alright boys, raise your heads.” Their practically lifeless faces sprang up before me. I still stood next to their leader. “Now you,” I commanded the second guy, the one with the knife who stood directly across from me and their leader. “Throw your knife at this guy right here.”

Number two did as I told him and his blade struck the leader right in the stomach, just below the ribs. “Good shot. Even for a nearly dead guy, you’ve got a good arm. Or maybe it’s all me.” I laughed at myself. “Next, I need you other two to raise your guns and point them at Captain Buttmonkey.” They did as I ordered. Man, this was too too easy. “And Captain Buttmonkey, give them a good spray with your semiautomatic.” I moved behind their leader so as to not get splattered on with their blood. The sound of the gun made as he fired it on his compadres was sure to prompt someone to call the cops. Fire from a handgun was one thing, something easy to ignore in this neighborhood. But the sound of a repeating burst from a semiautomatic, whole different story, or so I hoped. The leader spent his ammo into the other three. I knew they had danced as the bullets hit them and dropped as soon as they were officially dead. I can’t control the dead, the bullets worked quickly. The leader was dying fast too from the knife in his gut. I was soon in a room of dead guys, the leader slumped over the table and the other three splayed on the floor, ripped apart by bullets. I looked around me, checking out the blood spray. It wasn’t as much as it would be had I not relieved them of most of their blood but it would work. Besides, the blood was pooling round each of them, trailing from each wound. I stepped away from the leader as he dropped to the floor. ‘Well, my work is done here,’ I thought. I sensed panicked alarms going up from the residents round the block. I few of them were going to their phones to dial 911. That was my cue and I left the same way I’d come in, without a trace. I was gone from the area long before the first cop car arrived.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! I wouldn't want to meet up with her in a dark corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vampires are so much fun, aren't they ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well she should be nice and full now to take on her big challenge... Great job Wendy Udu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always best to be as prepared as you can be when a battle approaches :)

    ReplyDelete